Thursday, October 2, 2008

Sponsorship

I would like to thank everyone I have been in touch with for their kind responses. One suggestion that cropped up a number of times was the need for a simpler way of sponsoring me. So I have created a Web page on the Justgiving website - although other similar websites are available :-) It was remarkably easy as I already had an account. Within 30 minutes of setting it up the first donation came in.

It can be found on: : http://www.justgiving.com/jamieurquhartbangkok2saigon

The downside of this approach is that it routes only to one of the four charities - the upside is that tax can be re-claimed from UK taxpayers and it streamlines the whole approach.

Also I have been trying to ensure I respond to all of the emails I have received - please forgive me if I have failed to reply with a thank you. I have had some minor IT issues as my anti-virus software stopped working. After restoring it to full functionality I then updated the BIOS on the machine that acts as my email hub. A geeky thing to do - and I had regrets as soon as I set it in motion. Fortunately it updated successfully but did not fix the minor issue that has been plaguing me. My desktop cannot read memory sticks bigger than 4Gb.

No comments:

Post a Comment