Friday, October 2, 2009

Identified Flying Objects, evening light and more tracks

As the year draws on the evenings become more dramatic, from a photography point of view and we also see quite a few aircraft in the skies. Nearby airfields include RAF Mildenhall (US Air Force), Duxford (War Museum) and Marshall of Cambridge. So it is not unusual to see interesting planes in the sky. Last week as part of Marshall's Centenary Celebrations we saw the Red Arrows in the sky and yesterday I saw a couple of F15 Eagles flying around over the Fens. They look a little like black dots, but I have been passing the airfield when 6 or so planes were doing circuits and bumps the noise was bone-shaking.


DSC09924.JPG


I also took the opportunity to check out where the new cycle/horse path through the Fens is planned to go, it allowed me to practice on bumpy tracks and investigate a route I have never taken before. I certainly look forward to it opening - here is the view towards Cock Up bridge.


DSC09931.JPG


Looking the other way the steel blue skies were dramatically lit by the sun as it sets (well starts setting).


DSC09934.JPG


There is currently a footpath and foot bridge in place. as it was quite a still day the Lode was like a mirror.


DSC09937.JPG


Later as I headed towards Cambridge I noticed a Hot Air Balloon drifting in the sky.


DSC09943.JPG


My stiff shoulder is getting better and not a 100% and in the end I had to reset my GPS unit (Garmin EDGE 605) as it stopped recording a route. It seems to be OK again now.

No comments:

Post a Comment