Monday, October 6, 2008

Despite the weather I have managed a couple of rides this weekend. Venturing as far as Ely on Saturday and around Wicken Fen on Sunday for a total of 120Km/75miles. The weather has definitely taken a turn for the worst, the winds were awful on Saturday. I normally try to head out into the wind and back with the wind - but it did not work out that way. The temperature also dropped by 5C - I am still wearing shorts to cycle in, but wore gloves and a jacket. despite the fact I get too warm after a short while I find it very difficult to go out and cycle in the cold.

The days are also getting shorter, this does have the advantage of making the light more dramatic as I return through Wicken Fen which is great for taking photographs as Autumn (Fall) approaches.



I plan on taking my digital SLR camera with me - I can't go all that way and then not take any photographs. On vacation this year I took around 6,000 pictures - most don't work, but I do print and frame one or two and circulate to friends and family around 50 on email . The advent of "digital" has transformed photography for me although I used to enjoy "messing" around with the chemicals I can now focus on the images I want.

To carry my camera while cycling I have ordered an Ortlieb Bar bag and map case from http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ - this will keep the camera handy and also protect it from dust and rain. I will also be able to carry my wallet in the bag. A rucksack would be an alternative but you quickly get a hot and sweaty back.

No comments:

Post a Comment