Tuesday, February 2, 2010

No news is - no news (and no pictures!)

Today's cycling is back to front - I have an evening meeting in Cambridge that i will cycle to, fortunately it seems to have stopped raining, although that was not going to stop me.


I have emailed support at Garmin with the problems I am having believing my Garmin EDGE 605 when it reports on low battery levels. They are pretty good at responding, the next step is to ask the same question on the Garmin forums.


My Garmin is not the only thing playing up. Just as Toyota are hitting the press with a massive recall of their cars because of sticky accelerator pedals my Landrover Discovery went in to the garage today because of a brake problem. In the past I have had a problem where, around a minute after starting, the brakes occasionally and briefly do not operate with the power assist. Sometimes this is when I am trying to stop before pulling out into the main road from my house. I thought it had been fixed, but I thought it better to send it in for a check. A good job I did because as I set out for the garage it happened again, as I was heading down the road to turn right. You can brake it just takes a lot of force. Anyway it was done whilst I waited by Marshalls of Cambridge - it only took 45 minutes and there was TV, coffee and "Comfy" chairs. I am glad I do not have to drive into Cambridge every day though - the traffic was terrible even at 8am. Thank goodness for bicycles.


In case you are wondering my annual cycle mileage is higher than I have done in the Landrover over the last couple of years - so I don't feel to bad about it from an Eco point of view. (The Landrover was great in the snow though!).


I have also put a message on the Zoundry Raven Support forum to see if I can get some insight into the problems of putting Google Maps into a post. There is something strange about the way the Zoundry Editor behaves I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment